Greeva Vasti is a specialized therapy which is performed for the diseases related to Cervical region. The word Greeva stands for Cervival region and Vasti means which covers or surrounds. Greeva vasti is a procedure where specified medicated oil is retained for a stipulated period in the Greeva region(Cervical region) The part of the spine that occupies the neck is called the cervical spine. This procedure is unique, which comprises both snehana (oleation) and swedana (sudation) (snehayukta swedana).
- 1. Pain and stiffness in neck.
- 2. Cervical spondylitis.
- 3. Referred pain in hands.
- 4. Headache and giddiness.
- 5. Shoulder pain.
- 6. Cervical spondylosis.
The therapeutic action of Greeva Vasti is depends on
1. The pharmacological action of the selected medicine.
2. The snehana(oleation) effect. 3. The swedana(sudation) affect. 4. The temperature maintained during the procedure.