It is a special treatment modality in Ayurveda where the patient is made to sit in medicated decoctions for a specified period of time. This comes under local treatment modalities and is commonly done for diseases of genito- urinary system in males and females, diseases of colon and rectum and also for low back ache, weakness and numbness of lower half of the body.
- 1. Vaginal infections.
- 2. Constipation.
- 3. Low back ache.
- 4. Relaxation.
- 5. Insomnia.
- 6. Sciatica.
- 7. Lumbago.
- 8. Neuralgia .
- 9. Urinary incontinence.
- 10. Endometriosis.
- 11. Numbness of lower half of body.
1. Relaxation of the sphincter mechanism and spasm aids in relieving constipation and there by improvement in piles,fissure and fistula.
2. Pelvic and abdominal organs receive reflex effects from spinal cord.
3. It dilates the blood vessel and ensures proper assimilation of the active principles of the medicine.
4. Direct effects according to the water temperature and duration of bath.